eap module failed to start

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Oct 22 16:50:04 CEST 2012

Hi,

>           I have freeradius server ( ver. 2.1.10 ) compiled
>    with openssl-0.9.8l.  Now by method given in raddb/certs I created the
>    certificates on a machine having OpenSSL 1.0.0e.

new OpenSSL and old OpenSSL may have issues with things like this - depending
on the settings of that new openSSL (ie if it has new features enabled or the
older version hd things disabled

>    rlm_eap: SSL error error:06074079:digital envelope
>    routines:EVP_PBE_CipherInit:unknown pbe algorithm

google for that error - likely to be that the PBE on 1.0.0 is some method that
your old 0.9.8 doesnt work with

alan