sqlippool - duplicated ip address after freeradius restart

Antonio Modesto modesto at isimples.com.br
Tue Oct 23 13:50:28 CEST 2012

2012/10/23 Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>

> On 23/10/12 11:52, Antonio Modesto wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use radius sqlippool to assign IP address to my users, yesterday,
>> after a restart on radius service, it started to assign IP address that
>> were already in use to the users. I'm almost crazy here, I don't know
>> what can be causing this, we have been using this scheme for at least
>> three months and this problem never happened.
>>

> Can you capture a debug of FR assigning a duplicate?

Unfortunately, it's kinda of hard to me to get a debug right now, it's a
production server. I solved a part of the problem, I noticed that there
where 98 clients connected on a specific NAS, but there was only 80 entries
for that NAS on radippool table, thus there was a possibility of when a new
client was establishing a connection, it would get an IP that was in use
but was not in the table. The workaround was to disconnect these clients.