LDAP attribute mapping

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 01:05:28 CET 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 07:02:02PM +0000, Phil Mayers wrote:
> +1
>
> Personally I'd rather the latter format everywhere, even unlang:
>
> update {
>   request:foo = 1
> }

Agreed - having that option would make things much tidier when
several things in different lists are being updated at once.

update {
  config:Auth-Type = Reject
  reply:Reply-Message = "Go away"
}

On the other hand, the current form is nicer when updating a few
attributes all in one list, so maybe both...? :)

or...

update [<default list>] {

update reply {
  config:Auth-Type = Reject
  Reply-Message = "Go away"
}

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>