rlm_perl and dynamic_clients

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Sep 1 18:25:09 CEST 2012

Steven Eksteen wrote:
> Sorry. I wasn't paying attention and resent the initial question mail
> by accident instead of the following:
>
> I followed your instructions and the Packet-Src-IP-Address came
> through into the Perl script, thank you. I did however use
> Packet-Src-IP-Address-0 instead of Tmp-IP-Address-0 for ease of
> understanding, for anyone else looking at the script. I hope this is
> not what's affecting the operation.

  If you've added it as an attribute, as documented in the raddb/dictionary.

> I also did try to use "directory = ${confdir}/dynamic-clients/" in the
> virtual server in case the failure might have been coming from
> somewhere not shown in the output, like the SQL module maybe

  That doesn't work.  You can't just add random things in random places
and expect them to do something.

> server dynamic_client_server {

  Did you look at the example file in raddb/sites-available?  It
contains *extensive* documentation and examples.

> rlm_perl: RAD_REPLY: FreeRADIUS-Client-Shortname = Internal

  You didn't read the documentation.  Go do that.

  This is WELL DOCUMENTED.