EAP-SIM on 2.2.0

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Sep 13 12:51:08 CEST 2012

Francois Gaudreault wrote:
> Ok so I did bisect, and this commit appears to be the problematic one:
>
> 177dbabdcef84353768551c0a39d29c566538c06 is the first bad commit
> commit 177dbabdcef84353768551c0a39d29c566538c06
> Author: Alan T. DeKok <aland at freeradius.org>
> Date:   Tue Feb 21 08:57:49 2012 +0100
>
>     Try to use identity from SIM protocol, not EAP-Identity

  Well, the SIM identity doesn't agree with the EAP-Identity.

  The patch went in because Microsoft ran into inter-operability issues.
 The SIM identity can change during the protocol exchange.  The old way
of always using the EAP-Identity was wrong.

  I'm not sure what to suggest here.  You can delete the patch in your
private branch.  But that means you'll run into other inter-operability
issues later.

  You should probably do a bit more digging to see exactly *what* is
going on in the failing case.  Knowing that will help come up with a
decent solution.