Help with 802.1x Certificate

Tyller D tyllerd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:46:19 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I would like to use FreeRadius to do 802.1x EAP-PEAP for wireless users.

I have everything configured and working when I disabled "validate server
Certificate" on windows.
I have a wildcard certificate purchased from godaddy.com.

I had a problem when using it with apache as I had to add the intermediate
chain in the config but can't find a place to do that in FreeRaius.

So currently I have 3 files.

Private Key
Certificate
Intermediate Chain

When Auth fails because of validation then I get this in Freeradius debug

[peap] Length Included
[peap] eaptls_verify returned 11
[peap] <<< TLS 1.0 Alert [length 0002], fatal access_denied
TLS Alert read:fatal:access denied
[peap] WARNING: No data inside of the tunnel.
[peap] eaptls_process returned 7

Is there something that I can do to get this to work?

Regards,
Ryan