error of segmentation during the implementation of eap2

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Sep 18 23:48:47 CEST 2012

Hi,
>    Sorry to spam you, but we have  #radtest user1 password 127.0.0.1:1812 0
>    testing1234  and
>    #radtest user1 password 127.0.0.1:18120 0 testing1234
>    and we have got the same result for the client

radtest doesnt send EAP packets

>    line user1 Auth-Type :=eap2, Cleartext-Password :="password"

you ant do that - read the docs, never set the Auth-Type.

the packet needs to have the right contents to be dealt with

>    [eap2] No EAP-Message.  Not doing EAP.
>    ++[eap2] returns fail

see. eap2 isnt happy.

if you are wanting to test EAP-whateverflavour, then you need to use a client
that can send EAP-whateverflavour

(like when testing EAP-PWD, I was using the latest beta of wpa_supplicant )

alan