Using username at example.com and plain username

Kriston me at kriston.net
Wed Sep 19 01:20:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, September 18, 2012 17:34, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> On 18 Sep 2012, at 22:22, "Kriston" <me at kriston.net> wrote:
>
>> I have users who log in as "username at example.com" and just as "username".
>> How do I append @example.com only to those users who don't have
>> @example.com
>> already?  I have a fairly generic FreeRADIUS 2.1.10 installation that
>> connects to a MySQL server.
>>
>> I've tried a number of different things in dialup.conf but none have
>> worked.
>>
>> Example 1:
>> sql_user_name =
>> "{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}}@{%{Realm}:-example.com}"
>>
>> This results in a string in the SQL queries for User-Name that looks like
>> "=7B:-username=7D@=7B:-example.com=7D".
>
> Look at all those lonely lonely left hand curly braces, don't you think they
> might appreciate another character to snuggle up to? What do you think that
> character might be?

While this comment is clever, would you provide a corrected example?

>> Example 2:
>> I have also tried regular expressions like this:
>>    if ( %{User-Name} !~ /.example\.com/i) {
>>        sql_user_name = "%{User-Name}@example.com"
>>    }
>> But this one results in a blank string for in the SQL queries that use
>> sql_user_name.
>>
>> I'm open to any and all comments.
>
> Read man unlang, stop inventing syntax.

Why not post the correct syntax and show us?

This mailing list could be so much more useful if people could provide actual
answers instead of invectives.  Reading the archives makes me feel
embarrassed for the rest of the FreeRADIUS project.

Kriston