error of segmentation during the implementation of eap2

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Sep 20 15:39:11 CEST 2012

On 20 Sep 2012, at 12:23, Tatiana DIBANDA <tdibanda31 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Arran,
>
> Test for this first segmentation fault :
> reading pairlist file /usr/local/etc/raddb/hints
>  Module: Linked to module rlm_realm
>  Module: Instantiating module "suffix" from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/realm
>   realm suffix {
>

> format = "suffix"
>
> delimiter = "@"
>
> ignore_default = no
>
> ignore_null = no
>   }
> Erreur de segmentation
> -original config : In the default and inner-tunnel file we had  eap2 {ok = return} in the Authorize section,allowed eap2 in the authentication section and  eap2 in the post-process.
> - remove '-O2' from CFLAGS in Make.inc
> - rebuild freeradius
> - GDB trace in gdb-radiusd1.log (attached to this mail)
>
> Test for this second segmentation fault:
> ++[pap] returns noop
> Found Auth-Type = eap2
> # Executing group from file /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
> +- entering group authenticate {...}
> Erreur de segmentation
>
> - config: in default and inner-tunnel  file just allowed  eap2 in authentication section
> - remove '-O2' from CFLAGS in Make.inc
> -rebuild freeradius
> -GDB trace in gdb-radiusd2.log (attached to this mail)
>
> PS: in the two cases have this in default file if (EAP-Message) { update control { Auth-Type:=eap2}} and in users file added this line: user  Cleartext-Password :=  "password".

Both traces are with an older binary that was built with optimizations turned on.

0x080529d3 in cf_log_err (ci=0x0,
    fmt=0x8085210 "\"%s\" modules aren't allowed in '%s' sections -- they have no such method.") at conffile.c:2641
warning: Source file is more recent than executable.

GDB also complains of this... Please ensure you're using the new binary. You should not see "<value optimized out>" appearing in the GDB output.

-Arran