Dynamic realm+home_server_pool from LDAP/SQL

Wilco Baan Hofman wilco at baanhofman.nl
Fri Sep 21 15:02:19 CEST 2012

On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 13:05 +0200, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Wilco Baan Hofman wrote:
> > I'm looking through the code and documentation of freeradius now to see
> > if it is possible to use freeradius with a backend database for realms.

> > I'm looking to implement this if it's not there, in what way can I do
> > this where my patches would be accepted (assuming clean code obviously)?
>
>   Use github.  Fork the code, and do it there.
>
>   Any major changes like this MUST be done in the "master" branch.  The
> v2.1.x branch is stable, and will have minimal changes.

Okay, I understand this.. I was actually looking more for specifics on
how you would want to have this implemented. Perhaps similarly to the
dynamic clients using unlang? Or perhaps by configuring a configuration
backend for realms or something..

There are several approaches to do this.. and I'm guessing you have some
ideas about this :)

Regards,

Wilco Baan Hofman