Freeradius 3.0.0 "Installation mode requires -rpath" during "sudo make install"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Sep 22 09:59:23 CEST 2012

YJ Zhang wrote:
> I had always been able to do just a straight "sudo make install" with
> Freeradius 2.x and 3.x (up until Mac OS X 10.7.4) without a fuzz. So
> this rpath issue seems to be introduced in the last month or two. Is it
> due to some change in FR 3.0.0 or Apple's change in OS X 10.7.5?

  The build system has changed.  I'm still working out some issues with
it.  I'm about to switch over to the new Make system.  I wasn't using
the old one, and therefore it didn't always work.

  I fixed the old Make system so that it works again.  But it will go
away soon, and only the new one will be active.

  I've also fixed the "configure" checks to look for dlopen().