How to force users file parsing when returning proxied reply to add per-user AV-Pairs

Gianni Costanzi gianni.costanzi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:49:05 CEST 2012

Hi,
I've configured a freeradius server A (version 1.1.3) to proxy request for
a specifix realm XYZ to another radius server B.
Then, from the online docs, I understood that when A receives the reply
from B it should go through its users file and if it finds a match it
should add the specified AV-Pairs, like Service-Type (which is the one I
need), to the reply it returns to the client that wants to authenticate a
user:

http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/Proxy-Service.html#SEC16

Should it do this automatically or do I need to specify something in the
realm definition?

Second question: I've specified in the realm definition on radius A to
remove the @XYZ suffix (strip) when it passes the request to radius B..
Then, when radius A looks into its own users file to append AV-Pairs to the
answer, does it look for the stripped user or the user+realm?

Thank you in advance for any help.

PS: I know that this version may be old, but I can not easily update it at
present time.