Execution of rlm code when remote server is not responding.

Arka Sharma arka.sharma1988 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:22:11 CEST 2012

Hi,

           I have a remote PPS server where I am proxying radius requests
coming from the NAS. I have a requirement like when that remote PPS goes
down(which I am simulating by setting a wrong ip in proxy.conf realm
configuration) then I have to perform a certain task in rlm code.But my
observation is when I am setting a dummy ip for PPS, the radius server
running on my machine is marking that remote server as zombie after 3
retries,now I want in this case that my rlm code to execute and handle the
scenario when remote server is down.Any help will be highly
appreciated.Also I may have used some naive terminology being a newbie
apologizing for that.

Regards,
Arka