Freeradius + MySQL + Daloradius

Erik Sellgren sellgrene at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:28:51 CEST 2013

I am trying to setup wireless authentication through my mikrotik router
using freeradius with mysql and daloradius. I have the server setup and
working, I can use NTradtest from my pc and I get Access-Accept messages
in return with my cleartext user/password, username userclear password
clear. But when I set it all up and try to access the wireless with the
same credentials it is an access-reject. See below

# Executing group from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel
+- entering group MS-CHAP {...}
[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
[mschap] No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
[mschap] Creating challenge hash with username: userclear
[mschap] Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for userclear with NT-Password
[mschap] FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
[mschap] FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
++[mschap] returns reject
Failed to authenticate the user.

After reading the top of inner-tunnel I used the test they said to use :
radtest USER PASSWORD 127.0.0.1:18120 0 testing123

When I use my user it fails, when I use the test user "user" and "pass"
it succeeds. So do I have my innertunnel setup wrong or something? I
have sql uncommented in /etc/raddb/sites-available/inner-tunnel

  Please let me know what info you need and I can supply it, please help
me debug this issue.