SQL and Huntgroups

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 23 15:21:13 CEST 2013

gregoire.leroy at retenodus.net wrote:
> I have actually read the documentation, and the wiki about SQL. Really.
> Otherwise, I wouldn't have sent the first email. I'm going to be more
> specific about what I don't understand.

  OK.  That's good.

> In my user files, I have two lines to check.
>
> First, "example at domain        Cleartext-Password := "password", which
> gives a reply if the user is authenticated.

  Not exactly... it *sets* the Cleartext-Password for the user.
Authentication happens later.

> Secondly, "example at domain     Cleartext-Password := "password",
> Huntgroup-Name == "one_huntgroup_name"", which adds something in the
> reply if the user is authenticated AND from the right NAS.

  No.  See "man users".  The ":=" operator *sets* the
Cleartext-Password.  It doesn't *check* it.

> In the user files, it's simple : I can have a line with two things to
> check, and just put the reply under the check line. In database, I don't
> really have this order. It's really a mapping matter.

  That's really the only difference between the two. Everything else
maps directly.

> Finally, in the
> users file, I do :
> IF condition1
>  ADD that
> IF condition1 AND condition2
>  ADD that
>
> It's the double condition1 which gives me problem to translate it.

  The "users" file entries don't do what you think.  That's at least
part of the problem.

  So... what do you want to do?  You've been very clear that you want
help with a particular *solution*.  Because your assumptions are wrong,
your solution is wrong.  So I can't really help you with that.

  What do you have, and hat do you want?

- you want the user to be authenticated

- you want reply X for NAS X, and reply Y for NAS not X?

- ???

  Write it out in plain english.  It should then be easy to figure out
how to map it to the server configuration.