Have anyone test the performance about FreeRADIUS+jRadius on authentication?

Okis Chuang okischuang at outlook.com
Wed Apr 24 05:35:51 CEST 2013

Thanks Fajar your speedy response and really helpful for me.

Yeah..I'm pretty grateful about all contributions here for sure! And I'm
definitely not insist on desiring the best solution here.

I just want to listen some opinions or advice from all those experienced.
Anyway, I'll keep learning and contributing here in one day.

About your kind advice, I will take a serious consideration absolutely.

Thanks for you helpful recommendations again!

--

Okis

---------------------------------

Since you seem to have some specific requirement, I'd recommend you
engage with someone with experience in freeradius implementation and
integration in your area. Most people here won't have the time to go
thru your detailed request one-by-one and designing a best solution
for you. Remember, those who contribute on this list do so on their
free time, out of their good will.

Some comments though

> Then would do subscribers' accounting processing(identify some attributes
in
> accounting packet then modify its value then send to backend acct server).

FR has all sorts of module that can modify radius packets on proxy
scenarios.
Unlang is perfect for simple and static rules (e.g. "add attribute X
with value Y to every packet") while for complex rules (e.g. get value
of attribute X, lookup value in db, then create attribute Y based on
that value) mod_perl is probably more suitable.

> Can it send CoA request to
> WiFi gateway after receiving some predefined attribute value with web
portal
> while it sending access request to FreeRADIUS?

Try reading raddb/sites-available/originate-coa

--
Fajar