FreeRadius connection pooling

Bruce Bauman bbauman at oit.rutgers.edu
Wed Apr 24 23:30:57 CEST 2013

I'm updating an environment from freeradius 2.1.x to freeradius 2.2.x, and I'm trying to figure out connection pooling.

Our current configuration has 5 sql {} stanzas in the sql.conf file, each specifying num_sql_socks and several other SQL related variables.
WIth connection pooling, can I share these connections between all of the stanzas? Is there a good place to look for documentation?
Also, can anyone give some examples of a how a moderately large radius configuration should be configured?

Thanks for any insight.

-- Bruce

Bruce Bauman - Systems Administrator
Rutgers University Office of Information Technology
Campus Computing Services - Central Systems and Services
Office ~ (848) 445-6363