Problem with Discarding packets. It is the Radius, MySQL or PostgreSQL?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Apr 24 23:37:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

>    I would like an opinion concerning a situation that is happening with us.
>    I'm sure you have faced a similar situation.

yes. live accounting to DB requires REALLY optimised DB. you've made the
move to postgres, which will help...and you can spend some time adjusting
the buffers, threads etc but you probably want to look at eg buffered-sql
module to take the live element out of the picture.... depending
on your needs, having a clean-up thread 10s behing auths may be all you need
for your purpose.

I would suggest increasing the number of RADIUS threads too for loading from clients
and going through your config removing modules that are not being used (are you using eg unix, digest, radutmp etc?

alan