Originate CoA Request After Receiving Access-Accept

Okis Chuang okischuang at outlook.com
Fri Apr 26 12:11:55 CEST 2013

Dear all,

>From the originate-coa documentation, it seems I can't originate coa-request
at the section of pre-proxy or post-proxy.

It's documented, pretty clear. I'm not sure whether it is the cause of my
following questions.

But what if I need two steps below finished continually both in the same
move:

1.      *proxy* auth request to other AAA dispatcher(also FreeRADIUS) to
decide where to authenticate.

2.      Getting Access-Accept in post-auth, then originate coa request at
once in order to change redirect profile to forward profile for subscriber.

But I got the warning that *cannot proxy and originate CoA packets at the
same time*.

Actually I move the coa origination to my AAA dispatcher, it also can't
works and occurs the same warning.(It makes sense because both are doing coa
request after proxying auth request I guess.

So here are my questions:

1.      Does this flow works possibly in my scenario? I mean can I originate
coa at once after getting Access-Accept?

2.      What if I set a *virtual coa server* for receiving coa request from
itself, then send to gateway at the section of

recv-coa {

          update coa {

Does it make sense?

Thanks in advance!