unlang and optimization

Jason Frisvold xenophage at godshell.com
Fri Apr 26 20:39:07 CEST 2013

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> are they your only groups? if so, one less call is a quick optimisation

No, there are a bunch of groups..  9 or 10 at the moment.

I do need to put a default in there though, so your solution will still
need to be used.  :)

> you could make a call to python or PERL which could have funky LDAP
> to pull back all the detail and then set the Tmp-String-0 to be what you
> need it to be....or wait for FR 3.x which has a few new tricks up its sleeve

Hrm..  a perl call might work too.  In the interest of getting this
working now, though, I'll deal with the solution we have.  Modifying
this later is still an option.

Thanks,

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold