RADIUS server is dumping core

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Apr 26 22:52:44 CEST 2013

ramakrishna wrote:
> I have tried to find the access errors using dbx debugger in solaris.
>
> Please find the attached file for the access errors.
>
> We are facing dump quite frequently because of these access errors.
>
> Could you give us some idea where it might be going wrong?

  Your system is completely broken.  There seem to be tons of errors
which should never occur.

  My guess is that you're using incompatible versions of software.  i.e.
FreeRADIUS 1.x with a library from 2.x, or something like that.

  Double-check that you have only ONE version of the server installed.
Maybe try doing an install on a new Solaris machine.

  The server gets regular scans through valgrind && static analysis
tools.  There is *no way* that it could have a large number of errors,
as shown by the Solaris dbx tool.  There's something wrong with the
binaries.