rlm_ippool vs rlm_sqlippool

George Chelidze gchelidze at magticom.ge
Tue Apr 30 11:57:26 CEST 2013

Greetings,

We use rlm_ippool for pool management. Each pool is configured with 16K
addresses. About 10K are used in the peek time (per pool).

I believe we have almost reached our IO capacity, because heavy IO
operations like gzipping a 300M file cause freeradius to throw errors like:

Error: Discarding duplicate request from client C port 65038 - ID: 109
due to unfinished request 34797335
Error: Discarding duplicate request from client C port 65035 - ID: 98
due to unfinished request 34797336

and a bit later:

Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child for request 34797366, in component
post-auth module ippool-A
Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child for request 34797382, in component
post-auth module ippool-A

Will it make any sense to switch to rlm_sqlippool? Will it be less IO
sensitive?

I know it's worth a try, however any additional information would be
helpful.

Thank you in advance,

--
George Chelidze