Accounting packets not received

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Aug 1 10:57:31 CEST 2013

On 08/01/2013 09:35 AM, Gab Quidilla wrote:

> office, it would not pass through the firewall. Accessing the branches
> passess through the firewall, but the fw WAN link is configured for
> accepting all packets

Yeah... sorry, but we hear that a lot on this mailing list, and quite
often the firewall was not, in fact, configured to "permit all"

> Authentication and authorization works fine, but accounting packets are
> not received. Is there any setting in the config files that I should
> check/modify?

Like I said, use tcpdump to *confirm* the accounting packets are
actually arriving at the server before focussing on the server.

As for settings to check - you said the shared secrets are different, so
check and double-check those, and that the correct "client" statements
are matching.