Freeradius with DHCP and VLANs

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Aug 14 13:43:56 CEST 2013

On 14 Aug 2013, at 11:03, Fernando Pizarro <feanpg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Freeradius version 2.1.12 with MySQL backend and EAP-TLS authentication to serve dynamic VLAN and a DHCP server to leases this IP address. This setup work sucefully but IP address of supplicants doesn't stored in the database.

You understand 802.1X authentication occurs BEFORE DHCP right? 802.1X being L2 doesn't require the client to have an IP address.  Some NAS support DHCP-Snooping which in turn can be used to add Framed-IP-Address to Accounting-Requests which you can then record in your database.
But this is NAS specific and absolutely nothing to do with FreeRADIUS.

> Is there any setup to store IP address of supplicants in the database?
> How sqlippoll works? does it work as a DHCP server?

It allocates IP addresses. I believe someone adapted it to work with the built in DHCP code.  It could also work with NAS which forward DHCP traffic as RADIUS Access-Requests.

> Is it posible to setup Freeradius with DHCP module to server diferents VLANs?

Just use DHCP relays.

FreeRADIUS Development Team