AW: rlm_ldap (ldap): Could not start TLS: Connect error

Hachmer, Tobias Tobias.Hachmer at stadt-frankfurt.de
Wed Dec 4 08:45:39 CET 2013

Hello Arran,

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: freeradius-users-bounces+tobias.hachmer=stadt-frankfurt.de at lists.freeradius.org [mailto:freeradius-users-bounces+tobias.hachmer=stadt-frankfurt.de at lists.freeradius.org] Im Auftrag von Arran Cudbard-Bell
Gesendet: Samstag, 30. November 2013 11:55
An: FreeRadius users mailing list
Betreff: Re: rlm_ldap (ldap): Could not start TLS: Connect error

On 29 Nov 2013, at 23:06, Hachmer, Tobias <Tobias.Hachmer at stadt-frankfurt.de> wrote:
>> Well, will be back at work on tuesday next week. Than I can test.
>Thanks. Let me know if you find any other issues, or have any feature requests.

Ok, I will come back to you regarding feature requests if I have more time ;-)
The ldap connect via starttls works now, thanks for that.

But the ldap attribute mapping fails. I have built the current git status from branch v3.0.x:

radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.1 (git #eef21a0), for host x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, built on Dec  4 2013 at 08:11:53

My ldap attribute mapping at the moment:
        update {
                reply:Idle-Timeout              := 'radiusIdleTimeout'
                reply:Session-Timeout           := 'radiusSessionTimeout'
                reply:Service-Type              := 'radiusServiceType'
                request:Simultaneous-Use        := 'radiusSimultaneousUse'
                request:Expiration              := 'radiusExpiration'
                control:Auth-Type               := 'radiusAuthType'
#               control:NT-Password             := 'ntPassword'
#               reply:Reply-Message             := 'radiusReplyMessage'
#               reply:Tunnel-Type               := 'radiusTunnelType'
#               reply:Tunnel-Medium-Type        := 'radiusTunnelMediumType'
#               reply:Tunnel-Private-Group-ID   := 'radiusTunnelPrivategroupId'
        }

The error from debug mode:

  # Loaded module rlm_ldap
  # Instantiating module "ldap" from file /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/ldap
  ldap {
        server = "xxx"
        port = 389
        password = "xxx"
        identity = "xxx"
        valuepair_attribute = "radiusGenericItem"
        read_clients = yes
   user {
        filter = "(&(uid=%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{User-Name}})(objectClass=radiusProfile))"
        scope = "sub"
        base_dn = "xxx"
        access_attribute = "radiusAccountStatus"
        access_positive = yes
   }
   group {
        filter = "(objectClass=groupOfNames)"
        scope = "sub"
        base_dn = "xxx"
        name_attribute = "cn"
        membership_attribute = "memberOf"
        membership_filter = "(member=%{control:Ldap-UserDn})"
        cacheable_name = no
        cacheable_dn = yes
   }
   client {
        filter = "(objectClass=radiusClient)"
        scope = "sub"
        base_dn = "xxx"
    attribute {
        identifier = "radiusClientIdentifier"
        shortname = "radiusClientShortname"
        nas_type = "radiusClientType"
        secret = "radiusClientSecret"
        virtual_server = "radiusClientVirtualServer"
        require_message_authenticator = "radiusClientRequireMa"
   profile {
        filter = "(objectclass=radiusObjectProfile)"
        attribute = "radiusGroupName"
        default = "xxx"
   }
   options {
        ldap_debug = 597
        chase_referrals = yes
        rebind = yes
        net_timeout = 1
        res_timeout = 20
        srv_timelimit = 20
        idle = 60
        probes = 3
        interval = 3
   }
   tls {
        ca_file = "/etc/raddb/certs/rootca_cert.pem"
        start_tls = yes
        require_cert = "demand"
   accounting {
        reference = "%{tolower:type.%{Acct-Status-Type}}"
   }
   post-auth {
        reference = "."
   }
/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/ldap[63]: Unknown value 'radiusIdleTimeout' for attribute 'Idle-Timeout'
/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/ldap[8]: Instantiation failed for module "ldap"

I also left a comment on the corresponding github issue.

Thanks in advance,
Tobias Hachmer