diffrent services from same IP

Jacob M. Dawson dawson at vt.edu
Sat Dec 7 07:38:35 CET 2013

That is exactly how we handle it.  To make life easier, we have a radius user that runs the server, and set up all of our instance or service-specific config in a directory in its home directory, and use some command-line options to run the same FreeRADIUS code against different configs.  As pointed out, each different instance needs to run on its own set of ports, and if it needs to do some internal proxying, that’s more than two.  Has been highly effective in allowing us to reduce the complexity of our server config, while still letting us do a lot.

Jacob M. Dawson
Network Research Engineer
Virginia Tech