Regex Split on forward slash?

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Dec 17 18:06:07 CET 2013

On 17 Dec 2013, at 15:05, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

>  The issue with the parser is that it's terrible. The "unlang" parser is just the normal config file parser. The backslashes get "eaten" by the confit parser. The unlang code then sees an un-escaped string. So if you want unlang to see an escaped string, you have to escape it twice.
>
>  Fixing it properly is hard, as all of the existing configurations use the double escapes. So we cant just make single escapes the norm.  It's something we'd have to change in a major release.
>
> It may be better to allow non-slash characters as regex  delimiters.  That means adding new functionality, which does t break existing configs.   It just means changing the regex parser in src/main/parser.c.  That should be simple.

Yes, that'd help. Then / wouldn't need to be escaped and there'd be non of the confusion over double escapes.

Really the parser should be modified to only process escape sequences between double quotes and a special case for the end of lines.. but that stillbreaks everyone.

FreeRADIUS Development Team