DHCP

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at arcor.de
Thu Dec 26 16:55:58 CET 2013

Hi Laura:

Am 26.12.13 15:27 schrieb(en) Laura Marzà Porcar:
> I've added the last line
>
> ./configure $(confflags) \
>                 --prefix=/usr \
[snip]
>                 --with-system-libtool \
>                 --with-dhcp

That looks fine...

> I get the error code 1325, I've searched it and I think that it's because I don't put in the correct folder, is it?
> The route has been as follows: /etc/freeradius/freeradius-2.1.10+dfsg, where /etc/freeradius/ is the real installation on server, I 've seen in debian/rules: $(MAKE) -C dialup_admin DIALUP_PREFIX=/usr/share/freeradius-dialupadmin \
>                                 DIALUP_DOCDIR=/usr/share/doc/freeradius-dialupadmin \
>                                 DIALUP_CONFDIR=/etc/freeradius-dialupadmin \
>                                 R=$(freeradius_dir) install

Hmmm, strange...  I tried exactly the same (on Ubuntu, but this /shouldn't/ make a big difference), and it succeeds.  The statement above is identical.  I think either the "changelog" file is not correct, or the build process misses a dependency.

There should be a build log file named "freeradius_*.build" one level above the source folder.  Could you please gzip it and send it to me; I could have a look at it, maybe I can find the problem (as the log is *huge* I think it is better if you do not CC: it to the mailing list).

> I must move the entire files of freeradius-2.1.10+dfsg to /etc/freeradius?

Usually, there is *nothing* you have to do manually if you only modify an existing package.  All the logic is already in the debian build files!

> another thing I've seen is you have to rename the original file to change the nomenclature, ie of freeradius-2.1.10+dfsg to freeradius_2.1.10+dfsg, is it the case?

This is also done by the debian build process (it produces deb files with name "<package>_<version>_<architecture>.deb", that's why the '-' is replaced by '_').  If all works fine, you just get the deb files...

> I wish you a happy and peaceful Christmas, Albrecht.
>
> An a happy new year for you!!

...and the same for you, thank you so much!

Cheers, Albrecht.