Degradation of service when authentication fails with Windows AD

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Feb 5 13:28:26 CET 2013

Hi,

> I need help to find the cause of the problem and fix it. I do not know yet
> if the problem is in the domain controllers, in the PAM module or in Radius.

you backend authentication is the problem

> But everything seems to point to Radius.

huh? the RADIUS logs are clearly screaming out what the issue is.  the backend is not
responding, the RADIUS server is getting duplicate requests for queries that have
already been sent to it that it hasnt been able to deal with - because of the back end.

alan