Any interoperability issues with Aruba and Freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 8 17:19:26 CET 2013

Alex Sharaz wrote:
> At a recent Aruba training course in amongst the documentation supplied to us were a couple of presentation slides showing different types of eap authentication against recommended RADIUS servers for use with Aruba equipment (Just to be sure the slide heading said Aruba RADIUS Compatibility).
>
> The surprising bit was the fact that there was a "No" against Freeradius/TTLS (MD5,TLS,PEAP,LEAP,FAST all were yes) and a coment that said Freeradius also supports TTLS.

  I fail to see how that can be true.

  Aruba sells access points.  Not supplicants.  APs are supposed to pass
EAP from the supplicant to the RADIUS server.  With no changes.  Unless
Aruba is doing something *truly* stupid, it should work.

> Now it my well be that the slide is a bit old and just hasn't been updated but it does beg the question have any people using Freeradius with Aruba kit experienced any funnies that needed a specific set of "tweaking" for Aruba? I really can't imaging that it would be the case, but just thought I'd check.

  I haven't heard of any issues

  If it requires tweaking for Aruba, then Aruba has failed to implement
the standards correctly.