MAc-Auth with EAP

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 8 17:29:25 CET 2013

On 08/02/13 16:09, Tunde Ogedengbe wrote:
> Ok. Can you pls help with procedure for configuring pre-login on Windows
> for 802.1x? Windows is sending packets to RADIUS as
> host/machine-name.domain. I would like to have a dedicated
> userid/password configured on windows for pre-login machine authentication.

Windows doesn't support that.

Your options are:

1. Use the machine account
2. Use the user/password typed into the login box

That's it - that's all windows supports.

As for configuring it - right-click on the network adapter settings,
select the "authentication" tab, click the "additional settings" button.
The options should be self explanatory. If not, consult the microsoft docs:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/magazine/2007.11.cableguy.aspx