Load Balancing Issue

Muhammad Nadeem mnadeem8327 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:12:33 CET 2013

thanks alan
Actually I am using load balancing for rapid authentication of users. let
suppose i have one prosy server that is proxying incoming requests to these
five servers. Theoratically the speed of authentication should be fast. But
in case of mine it is too slow.
I have changed 'max_requests' in radiusd.config. And also remove
unnecessary processing on radius server (that is proxying requests). Now
tell me what else can I do?? :(

Though i am a new bee in RADIUS, but I think Proxy server is the bottle
neck???

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:44 PM, <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >    I am using Freeradius 2.2.0 on redhat 5. My goal was to increase the
> speed
> >    of user authentication. To achieve this I configured Load Balancing
> (with
> >    realms). I have a proxy Freeradius server, that is just proxying
> requests
> >    to 2 other freeradius servers.
>
> you only asked this question less than 2 hours ago.....
>
> okay, you need to see why the proxy is causing a x3 factor in slowdown?
>  run the servers
> in full debug mode with timestamps and check to see where your delay
> is....dont throw
> 10 million requests at it though, just a dozen should be enought in the
> first instance
> to see where the hit is.  I'd assume that you havent made any
> configuration changes
> or tweaked any configs...in which case your proxy box is probably not
> ready to be dealing with
> that many in transit requests (whereas the authentication servers can
> handle multiple
> requests per thread) - so, some basic tweaking will probably do
> something....
>
> ..though I think you've already found that you dont need to load-balance
> ;-)
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See