Load Balancing

Muhammad Nadeem mnadeem8327 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:42:19 CET 2013

thanx alan,,
I have configured a proxy server using documentation of 'proxy.conf'. which
is proxying requests to 2 home_servers. Yes you are right, may b the tool
which I am using (Radius NT client) sending requests in series. I tried to
use Rad Client to send requests in Parallel, but i wasn't succeed. Could
you please help me out to send parallel requests to proxy server???
Bundle of thanks in advance :)

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>wrote:

> Muhammad Nadeem wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am new to freeradius. I wantto implement load balancing on freeradius
> > servers (not on backend database).
> > I want that if a bulk of requests are received, these requests should be
> > distributed evenly among multiple freeradius servers.
> > Can any one please tell me, how could i achieve this goal.
>
>   The documentation is clear.  Load-balancing is simple to configure.
> It's documented in proxy.conf.
>
>   My guess is your test is wrong.  You're probably sending packets in
> *series*.  The latency added by a proxy slows down series, so that it
> takes longer.
>
>   If you send packets in parallel, you would see a higher latency for
> each packet, but the ability to process more packets per second.
>
>   You've admitted to not knowing much about RADIUS.  If the test doesn't
> do what you expect, the obvious conclusion is to blame the test, not
> FreeRADIUS.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See