DHCP question

David Peterson davidp at wirelessconnections.net
Thu Feb 14 14:13:45 CET 2013

I am trying to design a system with full redundancy.  I know I can use
FreeRadius proxy and/or multiple front ends with a MySQL master-master for
the data.  For IP redundancy I can install heartbeat so all of that is fine.
My biggest unknown is DHCP.  How does the new FreeRadius DHCP server store
lease information?  Will the design I am creating allow for DHCP failover
from one machine to the next.

One design caveat, the DHCP request will be Relay with Option 82 (hence the
need for heartbeat).  Any issues with Option 82 requests?

David