radiusd starts but rejects test user

Russell Mike radius.sir at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 17:17:06 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM, <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> >    I am new to radius. I have installed the freeradius to my linux and
> after
> >    starting radiusd -X
> >    I executed radtest tool for testing as below but it could not get
> >    authenticated and Access-Reject returned.
> >    $ radtest testing password localhost 0 testing123
> >    Can any one plz help me in fixing this issue?  below is radtest and
> >    radiusd log in debug mode.
> >    /root>radtest testing password 127.0.0.1 0 testing123
> >    Sending Access-Request of id 251 to 127.0.0.1 port 1812
> >    User-Name = "testing"
> >    User-Password = "password"
> >    NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
> >    NAS-Port = 0
> >    rad_recv: Access-Reject packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 1812, id=251,
> >    length=20
>
> I *assume* that you put
>
> testing Cleartext-Password := "password"
>
> at the top of the $RADDB/users  file?
>

> alan
> -

Hi,
might you would have see the error in debug. As Alan indicated, it is
authentication problem. He has also told the solution.

[pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.  Authentication
may fail because of this.
++[pap] returns noop
ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting
the user
Failed to authenticate the user.
Using Post-Auth-Type REJECT

Thanks