User disconnects but stays online in radius

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Feb 19 12:08:15 CET 2013

On 19/02/13 06:53, Russell Mike wrote:
> Hi Phil & Moby,
>
> I am also interested in this solution since experiencing the same
> problem.  I liked the solution no1.
>
> But I have no idea where I can get that script but I can modify if I
> have one.

It's a pretty simple script. Depending on your SQL database, you just do
a "select from radacct where acctstarttime + acctsessiontime < 'now - 2
hours'" or whatever.

It should be a 1-line SQL query.

However - I should emphasise that interim accounting and expiring dead
SQL sessions is no substitute for a resilient RADIUS service; you should
really have two servers, and look to use robust accounting *as well* as
interim acct.