User disconnects but stays online in radius

Russell Mike radius.sir at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 13:52:35 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Mobin Yazarlou <yazarlou.m at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Russell Mike <radius.sir at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>  That you for the quick reply Phil. The solutions you have provided
>>> brought new thing into my mind.
>>>  I was thinking about similar scenarios that I found out if NAS crashes,
>>> same thing will happen. Clients will get disconnected due to NAS
>>> unavailability and when NAS is unavailable, radius won't be notified about
>>> users getting disconnected.
>>>  By taking this into consideration, the most effective solution would be
>>> the first or the third approach you have listed. And between this two
>>> solutions, the last one seems to be easier to implement.
>>>
>>>  Please correct me if I am wrong.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Moby
>>>

>> Hi Phil & Moby,
>>
>> I am also interested in this solution since experiencing the same
>> problem.  I liked the solution no1.
>>
>> But I have no idea where I can get that script but I can modify if I have
>> one.
>>
>> Thanks / RM--
>>

>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
>>

> Hi Mike,
>  Now it is an hour that I am looking for a built-in solution or a
> ready-to-use script. The only thing I found was Idle-Timeout<http://freeradius.org/rfc/rfc2865.html#Idle-Timeout> attribute.
> This problem could be solved if RADIUS was responsible for handling this
> attribute but from what I read, it's the NAS's responsibility.
>
>  I hope someone helps us to find the easiest and most effective solution.
>
> Thank you,
> Moby

Dear Moby,

That is brilliant, i also read after your advise, and i feel that nothing
can be easiest and effective than this, once Freeraiuds knows the ideal
timeout value, user can be logged out by Freeradius this is what we were
trying to do. Lets use it and see, i trust that it would do.

Great Thanks !! For Helping Community By Sharing Solutions.

Thanks Moby & Phil

Regards --RM