Config question: substitute another attribute for username

Adam Moffett adamlists at plexicomm.net
Tue Feb 19 20:24:43 CET 2013

I have a wireless system that can talk to RADIUS to control access for
the wireless stations.  The AP is a NAS and the stations can be
programmed with a username and password.  The idea is you reply with
VSA's that set up QoS policies for the clients.  This is all working
fine and dandy.

What I'd like to do is actually ignore the username and password they're
sedning and instead match a vendor specific attribute called
DAN-CPE-MAC-ADDRESS.

Alternately, they all come with a default username set in them. Will
there be any harm if I make multiple users with the same name?

"cpe1" DAN-CPE-MAC-ADDRESS := "0a:0b:0c:0d:0e:0f"

"cpe1" DAN-CPE-MAC-ADDRESS := "01:02:03:04:05:06"

etc etc.