eap testing

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 09:40:03 CET 2013

Hi,

> My primary goal is to configure a fast system to authenticate EAP-TLS
> requests. For this purpose i used proxy (to distribute requests to
> different freeradius servers). Now i just wanna confirm
> NumberOfRequests/second , handled by my system.

what is fast? (I can make a RADIUS server faster by chucking more CPU power at it..
8 core Xeon instead of a core duo II  etc.) - what are your actual requirements?
ie what number of concurrent client connections/authentications are you looking
for, what EAP methods (each method has its own quirks/requirements/number of packets)
have you looked at crypto offloading technology to take CPU load down as part of
this requirement?   what AAA policy are you going to have for EAP-TLS - CRL? dynamic
checking? (each has their own load/impact)

do you need this proxy? Can your kit be configured to just talk directly to a few back
end RADIUS servers? what is the purpose of this proxy?

alan