rlm_perl changing User-Name and proxy requests

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jan 11 22:26:38 CET 2013

Hi,

> How do I get the remote servers I'm proxying for to understand Stripped-User-Name. As far as I can tell Stripped-User-Name isn't even in the Access-Request to the proxyied server.

ah, missed the proxy bit. as Phil says, use a temp value and then set User-Name to that just before the
proxying occurs (using unlang) - but beware that particular authentication methods dont like User-Name
to have changed (thinking some EAP clients) - so this may cause issues in the future or be the cause
of issues you are facing.

alan