how to call stored procedure with output varaibles in free-radius

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jan 15 13:12:17 CET 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Lakshmi Narayana Baliah
<LB0074453 at techmahindra.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> How to call my own stored procedure ,which takes input and output variable in free-radius server.

If it's SQL stored procedure, then short version is you can't.

Long version, FR doesn't really care much about what you put in a
query, as long as it returns the same output as normal "select"
statement. The implication is that if you use something like mysql,
you CAN use stored procedure, provided that:
- the parameters are all inputs
- the procedure ends with a single SELECT statement, even if it's just
to display the result variables.

In my case I use the stored procedure to get various internal
variables (e.g. given a user name someuser at somerealm, I translate it
to a "user id" and "group id"), and then use the internal variables to
actually perform the SELECT process.

--
Fajar