Question on attributes

Tiago sytker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 14:20:12 CET 2013

Alan,
Sorry, I did that. But I think I didn't understod it correctly, maybe
due english not being my first lang.

>From man I have:

 The  names
       have no meaning outside of the RADIUS server itself, and are
never exchanged between server and clients.

       That  is,  editing the dictionaries will have NO EFFECT on
anything other than the server that is reading those files.  Adding
new attributes to the dictioâ
       naries will have NO EFFECT on RADIUS clients, and will not make
RADIUS clients magically understand those attributes.  The
dictionaries are solely for local
       administrator convenience, and are specific to each version of
FreeRADIUS.

May I ask you a bit of patience helping me on this? So, can I conclude
that adding attributes to dictionary file will not make freeradius to
send those to NAS? But are they necessary to create sql pairs and so
got from sql radreply?

Yet,
On the dictionary file I have:
#       If you want to add entries to the dictionary file,
#       which are NOT going to be placed in a RADIUS packet,
#       add them here.  The numbers you pick should be between
#       3000 and 4000.

So I didnt understand that, so entries with 3000-4000 numbers aren't
placed on radius packet, can I conclude that the others are? but on
the man it says that attributes are never exchanged. So I'm a bit
confused here.

What I need to do to radius server send the attributes that are
collected from my mysql database (radreply attrib)?

Thanks again.