No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 18 15:03:27 CET 2013

Beeblebrox wrote:
> Update: I tried connection from an XP laptop and got the message:
> Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network

  You need to follow the documentation or you will be unsubscribed, and
banned from the list.  10+ years of experience shows us that this is the
ONLY WAY to convince certain people to read the documentation.

- You are using "radiusd -Xx".  Don't do that.  All of the documentation
says "radiusd -X" for a reason.  Follow the documentation.

- I told you to read the FAQ to see how to configure a user.  Your

- This message shows you have issues with EAP.  Go to freeradius.org,
click on the "documentation" link.  There is an EAP-TLS "howto".  It has
detailed instructions, including screen shots for XP.  It ALWAYS WORKS.
 If it doesn't work for you, it's because you DID NOT FOLLOW THE
DOCUMENTATION.

  If you think my response is harsh, then see it from my point of view.
 There are hundreds of pages of easily found documentation that
describes exactly what you want to do.  I (among many other people)
spent years writing it.  You can't be bothered to even click a link or
two, and follow instructions.

  If you think my response is rude, keep it to yourself.  Any response
complaining that we're rude for asking you to follow the documentation
will result in you being unsubscribed and banned.

  Follow the documentation.  It's damned easy to do.