mac address format

François Dagorn Francois.Dagorn at univ-rennes1.fr
Mon Jan 28 14:17:04 CET 2013

Hello all,

I'm running FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.5 (installed in 2009) configured
to use Mac auth. Runs well indeed, but a brand new Cisco wireless
controler is a bit disturbing i.e. Calling-Station mac address is not
as usual. Following is my mac-authorized file :

062f68c7dcc2 Auth-type := Accept, User-Password == "062f68c7dcc2"

but now the stations controlled by the new Cisco appears as follows

06:2f:68:c7:dc:c2

So my first idea was to duplicate entries in the authorized file included
within my conf, unfortunantely it does not run.

So, is there a simple way to force radiusd to accept different mac address format ?

Sorry if this is a FAQ, of course I've not changed anything within my conf
since 2009 !

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

--