mac address format

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 14:30:04 CET 2013

Hi,

> I'm running FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.5 (installed in 2009) configured
> to use Mac auth. Runs well indeed, but a brand new Cisco wireless
> controler is a bit disturbing i.e. Calling-Station mac address is not
> as usual. Following is my mac-authorized file :
>
> 062f68c7dcc2 Auth-type := Accept, User-Password == "062f68c7dcc2"

for latest versions, I'd advise that you look into the policy file(s)
and look at rewrite.called_station_id

if you call rewrite.called_station_id  then that will alter the format

but you care about user-name/password format sent - so you need
to rewrite that instead.

(doesnt the cisco kit let you decide what format to send it as? i love
their abcd.0123.abcd format myself ;-)

alan