Question : EAP-SIM without RANDs, SRESs, KCs ?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Jan 31 03:11:00 CET 2013

bino at indoakses-online.com wrote:
> What I want to know is it common for device telling AAA that it use
> EAP-SIM but it don\'t send RAND,SRES, and KC ?

  Read RFC 4186.  Those fields are required for EAP-SIM to work.

> If it common, I think it\'ll be great if FreeRadius can adjut to this.
> but if it un-common, I think I\'ll need to find new device.

  Some device manufacturers don't bother reading the specifications.
You should ask for your money back.  Or, throw the devices in the garbage.

  If they don't bother to test their device against existing
implementations, they might as well be writing code and shipping it as
soon as it compiles.  They're incompetent, and uncaring.