Configuring accounting on Freeradius server

Deepti kulkarni deepti.kdeeps at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:55:13 CET 2013

Hello,

I am running Freeradius Server version 2.1.10 on a debian machine (64 bit).
I have a debian client (using pam_radius_auth) for authentication and
accounting. My client can authenticate into the the radius server, however,
I dont see any accounting being done.
Attached is the radiusd -X output.

Is there any configuration required for the pam_radius_auth.so?
Also on the freeradius server, I uncommented a line from acct_users -

root at debian:/etc/freeradius# cat acct_users
#
#       $Id$
#
#       This is like the 'users' file, but it is processed only for
#       accounting packets.
#

#  Select between different accounting methods based for example on the
#  Realm, the Huntgroup-Name or any combinaison of the attribute/value
#  pairs contained in an accounting packet.
#
#DEFAULT Realm == "foo.net", Acct-Type := sql_log.foo
#
#DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == "wifi", Acct-Type := sql_log.wifi
#
#DEFAULT Client-IP-Address == 10.0.0.1, Acct-Type := sql_log.other
#
#DEFAULT Acct-Status-Type == Start, Acct-Type := sql_log.start

#  Replace the User-Name with the Stripped-User-Name, if it exists.
#
DEFAULT
        User-Name := "%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}"
root at debian:/etc/freeradius#

Thanks in advance.