Rejected proxy requests not making it to the client

Ti Leggett leggett at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 2 19:38:12 CEST 2013

I'm not sure how the script could be blocking the server after it's already ran and returned the updated packet so the proxying can take place which does happen:

	• rlm_perl: Changing User-Name: leggett at yubiauth.mcs.example.com
	• rlm_perl: Added pair NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
	• rlm_perl: Added pair Service-Type = Authenticate-Only
	• rlm_perl: Added pair Auth-Type = System
	• rlm_perl: Added pair Calling-Station-Id = client.mcs.example.com
	• rlm_perl: Added pair User-Name = leggett at yubiauth.mcs.example.com
	• rlm_perl: Added pair User-Password = 654321
	• rlm_perl: Added pair NAS-Identifier = sshd
	• rlm_perl: Added pair Stripped-User-Name = leggett
	• rlm_perl: Added pair NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.6.203
	• rlm_perl: Added pair NAS-Port = 32448
	• rlm_perl: Added pair Ldap-UserDn = uid=leggett,ou=people,dc=mcs,dc=example,dc=com
	• Cached username is "leggett at yubiauth.mcs.example.com", list username is "leggett at yubiauth.mcs.example.com"
	• ++[get_domain] returns updated
	• [suffix] Looking up realm "yubiauth.mcs.example.com" for User-Name = "leggett at yubiauth.mcs.example.com"
	• [suffix] Found realm "yubiauth.mcs.example.com"
	• [suffix] Adding Stripped-User-Name = "leggett"
	• [suffix] Adding Realm = "yubiauth.mcs.example.com"
	• [suffix] Proxying request from user leggett to realm yubiauth.mcs.example.com
	• [suffix] Preparing to proxy authentication request to realm "yubiauth.mcs.example.com"
	• Cached username is "leggett", list username is "leggett at yubiauth.mcs.example.com"
	• ++[suffix] returns updated

The request packet then gets proxied off, comes back and this script is never called again. The same script gets called the same way on successful requests and this script is only called in the authorize phase. I've also tested that when one of the failure cases is reached (return RLM_MODULE_FAIL) that a fail packet is sent back to the client and no proxying ever takes place which is what I would expect.

The script is at http://pastebin.com/gB91jj8W.