EAP and non-EAP on same port?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 3 16:39:04 CEST 2013

Bruce Bauman wrote:
> Right now we have freeradius configured so that EAP and non-EAP are
> handled by separate virtual servers which are listening on separate
> virtual ports.

  Why?

> We'd like to simplify our configuration and use the same port for both.
> I've looked through the documentation without much success.

  There's no magic here.  There's no documentation on "how do I do
EAP?".  Because none is needed.  EAP is just another module you list (or
not) in a virtual server.

  So... list "eap" in the virtual serverm as is done in the example
files raddb/sites-available/default, and also
raddb/sites-available/inner-tunnel.

> Does anyone have an example configuration of this?

  The default configuration does EAP and non-EAP on the same port.