Problem with CISCO WIRELESS CONTROLLER and RADIUS Authentication

Gustavo Vieira Oliveira gustavov at sc.senai.br
Thu Jul 4 15:00:28 CEST 2013

Yeah, i'm not saying it's a problem with RADIUS.

I'm just asking trying to understand why it's happening and if there may
be any workaround for this.

Matthew, we have some remote places that we chose to authenticate
locally with Radius.

I'm guessing the configuration (radius-server vsa send) is need because
of this or am i wrong:

attr_rewrite getssid-bsn {
         attribute = Called-Station-Id
         searchin = packet
         searchfor = ".................:BSN"
         replacewith = "BSN"
         ignore_case = yes
         new_attribute = no
         }

attr_rewrite getssid-COL {
         attribute = Called-Station-Id
         searchin = packet
         searchfor = ".................:COL"
         replacewith = "COL"
         ignore_case = yes
         new_attribute = no
         }
attr_rewrite getssid-bsn-cisco {
         attribute = Cisco-AVPair
         searchin = packet
         searchfor = "....=BSN"
         replacewith = "BSN"
         ignore_case = yes
         new_attribute = no
         }
attr_rewrite getssid-col-cisco {
         attribute = Cisco-AVPair
         searchin = packet
         searchfor = "....=COL"
         replacewith = "COL"
         ignore_case = yes
         new_attribute = no
         }

We make this to identify the SSID which the user is trying to login to
make up the LDAP filter.

Can anyone explain if it's the reason why we need a VSA sent to the NAS
and if we're doing something wrong? Is there any other suggestion?

Sorry if i'm still asking something that may not be related to this forum.